Traffic Advisory for Levi’s® Stadium and the Surrounding Area - Saturday, August 10
The San Francisco 49ers will take on the Dallas Cowboys in week 1 of the 2019 NFL pre-season at Levi’s® Stadium on Saturday, August 10 at 6:00 p.m. Approximately 55,000 attendees are expected. Event information can be found on the Levi’s® Stadium website at www.levisstadium.com
- Heavy traffic and delays are anticipated on major thoroughfares leading to and from the stadium, including Highways 101, 237, 880, Lawrence Expressway, Great America Parkway and San Tomas Expressway, as a result of the event. Expect increased traffic to begin around 1:30 p.m. and continue following the conclusion of the event, estimated through 9:00 p.m.;
- Tasman Drive will be closed from Convention Center Drive to Centennial / Marie P DeBartolo Way on Saturday, August 10 beginning at 1:30 a.m. and will remained closed through the conclusion of the event;
- Stadium-goers are encouraged to take public transportation. For light rail and bus lines contact Valley Transportation Authority, ACE/Capitol Corridor heavy rail or CalTrain;
- If you are driving a personal vehicle, input your address for step-by-step directions to each lot. Note, other map programs and/or apps may not take road closures into consideration;
- Do not park in residential neighborhoods;
- Parking lots will open at 2:30 p.m. and stadium gates open at 4:00 p.m. Pre-paid parking passes can be purchased at www.levisstadium.com. Please note, ADA parking will be available in Red Lot 1. In addition, several outside lots provide parking for guests needing mobility assistance. These lots provide courtesy shuttles to the stadium;
- For this event only, guests using a rideshare service should use Red Lot 7 for drop-off and pick-up;
- Complimentary bicycle valet service is located in Red Lot 1 and Green Lot 1 as overflow lots. Bicycle valet will be open 3.5 hours prior to the event through 1 hour upon completion of the Levi’s® Stadium event. Bicycle Routes leading to Levi’s® Stadium are accessible from the following trails and/or roadways: San Tomas Aquino Creek Trail, John W. Christian Greenbelt Trail/Prescott, Guadalupe River Trail, Great America Parkway, Lafayette Street, Tasman Drive/Great Mall Parkway/Capital Avenue and North First Street. Bicycle traffic on the San Tomas Aquino Creek Trail will be diverted in order to ensure the integrity of the stadium’s security perimeter;
- No parking will be allowed on Tasman Drive on Saturday, August 10;
- No parking will be allowed on the clearly marked posted section of Lick Mill Boulevard on Saturday, August 10;
- Residents should allow additional time for travel and may consider taking alternate routes to and from their homes;
- The City of Santa Clara Traffic Engineering Department has made traffic cameras available to help individuals make travel decisions based on road conditions;
- To reduce traffic in residential neighborhoods, the Santa Clara Police Department will have checkpoints at the following intersections:
- Lafayette Street and Calle de Primavera
- Lafayette Street and Hogan Drive
- Agnew Road and Lakeshore Drive
- Agnew Road and Cheeney Street
- Wilcox Avenue and Gianera Street (egress only)
At approximately 2:00 p.m., Fairway Glen Drive and Eisenhower Drive will be closed on the east side of Lafayette Street. Residents will be encouraged to use Hogan Drive or Calle de Primavera for access to their street(s).
During this same timeframe, Bassett Street, Davis Street, Fillmore Street and Lake Santa Clara Drive will be closed to the west of Lafayette Street. Residents will be encouraged to use Cheeney Street and Lakeshore Drive for access to their street(s);
- Everyone is encouraged to read the message boards and follow the instructions of police personnel and private security;
- Be observant and monitor your environment. If you notice suspicious objects or observe suspicious behavior, report this information to local law enforcement immediately;
- Due to the day and time of this event, as well as the need to use slow-moving equipment or other barriers to perform event set-up, for safety reasons the San Tomas Aquino / Saratoga Creek Trail will close at 1:30 p.m. on Saturday, August 10. Ticketed pedestrians and bicyclists will be able to use the Creek Trail to access the stadium for this event beginning at 2:30 p.m.;
Non-ticketed bicyclists will be rerouted via Agnew Road, Lakeshore Drive, Gianera Street, the VTA Great America Train Station Parking lot, Stars and Stripes Drive and service road/trail along the rear of the Tasman Parking Garage, and then back to the San Tomas Aquino Creek Trail.
Non-ticketed pedestrians will be rerouted via Agnew Road, Mission College Boulevard, America Parkway past the Santa Clara Convention Center, and then back to the San Tomas Aquino Creek Trail.
Please help us keep the creek and trail litter free.
It should be noted that all undercrossings may be subject to periodic closures during the rainy seasons when they are inundated by the water levels in the creek. For information on closures of the trail for maintenance or weather, call (408) 615-3080;
- Do not drink and drive;
- Levi’s® Stadium prohibits all bags, backpacks and other carriers from being brought into the stadium with the following exceptions:
- NFL approved clear plastic bag (12" x 6" x 12")
- One gallon clear plastic Ziplock type bag
- Small clutch bag (the size of an adult hand, 4.5" x 6.5")
In addition, all approved bags are subject to inspection upon entry and are subject to additional inspections within the stadium. More information about the bag policy is available online.
- Levi’s® Stadium promotes an environment where guests can enjoy their game day experience. Guest are encouraged to immediately report violations of the stadium Code of Conduct using one of the following methods:
- Contact stadium ushers, security personnel or law enforcement officer;
- Text “SUPPORT” to 69050 with description of issue and location, or;
- Call Guest Services Office at (408) 579-4600
- Counterflow is planned in the northbound direction to assist with exiting the parking lots following the event. This will effect Highway 237 at Great America Parkway; the highway off-ramps will be closed. Great America Parkway will be closed northbound from Highway 101. Please be patient and follow all written and verbal instructions to assist with a smooth egress;
The Santa Clara Youth Soccer Park is hosting a tournament August 9 - 11 from 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. Attendees should follow the guidelines on the parking pass that was provided;
To better serve our Northside residents and businesses, the Santa Clara Police Department is enhancing its services by having a staff member answer the non-emergency, stadium-related incident phone line, (408) 615-2280. During event hours, a staff member will answer the phone line in an effort to provide immediate service.
Traditional methods of reaching SCPD should be utilized for any emergency or non-stadium, non-emergency situations. Refer to the chart below for resources. Please do not use social media to report issues requiring police, fire or medical response; it is not monitored regularly.
Emergency situations, such as fire, burglary in progress, fight or display of weapons, medical condition is life or limb threatening, sounds of breaking glass, gunshots or screaming, strange odor coming from a house or building, traffic accident with injuries, etc.
Non-emergency situations, such as noise (e.g. loud party, barking dog), suspicious person (e.g. loitering, cruising streets repeatedly, peering into house/car window), drunk in public, vandalism, graffiti, traffic accident without injuries, etc.
Stadium non-emergency phone line during event hours, such as a vehicle blocking a driveway, alcoholic beverages in City parks, rideshare vehicles double parked on roadways, individuals conducting themselves inappropriately, event-related noise, garbage, etc.
During non-event hours, callers will be directed to a phone tree to leave a message.
Mobile app to submit, track and view nearby service requests, such as stadium noise.
Submissions will be responded to during normal business hours.
Santa Clara Police Department
601 El Camino Real
Santa Clara, CA 95050
General inquiries / Police building: 408-615-4700 (Monday-Friday, 8am-6pm; Saturday, 9am-3pm; Sunday, closed)