The Department of Information Technology is responsible for providing cost effective and innovative information technology leadership and support to City departments and staff. Additionally, the department provides:
- Installation and maintenance of City personal computers, workstations and servers
- Administration of the City's data network and servers
- Help Desk support and administration for internal City systems
- Training for City desktop applications
- Management of the City's central data services
- Support for the optimal use of technology in the City
- Development and maintenance of websites.