Santa Clara City Library's Career Online High School (COHS) offers adults the opportunity to earn an accredited high school diploma and a career certificate. You can advance in your career or take the next step in your education once you graduate. We support you from enrollment to graduation so that you can achieve your goals.
You can opt for one of the following career options: • General Career Prep • Food and Hospitality • Office Management • Child Care and Education • Retail Customer Service • Commercial Driving, • Leisure and Hospitality • Certified Protection Officer • Homeland Security
Career Online High School has to be completed in 18 months, but can be finished in as little as 5 months. It’s online, flexible, and free!
A personal academic coach will be assigned to you and help you succeed. You will have 24/7 access to your online classroom.
The Santa Clara City Library has awarded all six scholarships available for the Career Online High School Program for 2019. If you live/work in the City of Santa Clara and would like to be notified when the next round of scholarships become available (after summer 2020), please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- It may be possible for you to transfer credits from previously completed accredited high school courses, shortening your completion time. If you have passed some subject tests as part of the GED 2002 tests/ GED 2014 tests, you may be eligible for transferring credits for the subject tests you have already passed.
- You will earn both a high school diploma and a certificate in your chosen career area.
- You will create a career portfolio containing important job documents, such as your resume and cover letters.
- Be 19 or older
- Live or work in Santa Clara
- Have a Santa Clara City Library card in good standing
- Be willing to spend at least 10 hours a week on coursework
- Be comfortable reading, writing, and speaking in English
- Be comfortable using technology
- Have completed at least the 8th grade
How It Works
Step 1: Take an online self-assessment. Once completed, you will be contacted by a Santa Clara City Library staff member to proceed. Read the Frequently Asked Questions about Career Online High School.
Step 2: Enroll in and complete a pre-requisite course in two weeks or less.
Step 3: A Santa Clara City Library staff member will contact you for an interview. Successful interviewers will be notified if they have received the Library scholarship.
Career Online High School is made possible through a grant awarded by the California State Library.