CALLING ALL ARTISTS!
Submit your original artwork to the Santa Clara City Library Children’s and Teens' Graphic Novel Contest.
About the Competition:
- Children and teens in grades 1-12 are eligible to participate in the contest. Graphic novels will be judged in the three grade categories: 1st-3rd, 4th-6th, & 7th-12th
- Each winner will receive a prize, and all will have the opportunity to show their work at an awards ceremony on Wednesday, November 20th, 2019.
- Graphic novels are judged based on originality, creativity, and artistic quality as well as presentation and mechanics.
- All entries must be received by Friday, November 1, 2019. No entries will be returned.
- Entries may be on any subject, in any genre or art style, and may be fiction or nonfiction.
- Entries should be a maximum of ten single-sided pages, including the cover page. They should be on US letter-size paper (8.5 x 11), with text and art on one side only, and may be in black and white or color.
- Computer generated images are acceptable if they are your original work (no clip art or copyrighted art). Please attach pages with a paperclip.
- Creators must be in grades 1-12 and live within Santa Clara County or have a Santa Clara City Library card.
- Only one entry per person.
How to Enter:
- Fill out a GN Contest Entry Form 2019
- Attach your original artwork to the back of the entry form with a paperclip.
- Turn your entries in at the Youth Services desk at Central Park Library, Northside Branch Library, or Mission Branch Library, or the Bookmobile between Tuesday, October 1st, 2019 and Friday, November 1st, 2019.
Winners will be announced on Friday, November 8th. Winners and honorable mentions will be posted on the library website and notified by email. An awards ceremony for the winners and honorable mentions will be held on Wednesday, November 20th at 7 pm.
By entering the contest, you agree to allow the Santa Clara City Library to use and/or reproduce your entry (in part or whole), credited to author, for use in promotional material.