Records FAQ's

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
  • How do I submit a public records request?

    You may submit a public records request through the City Clerk's Office - Request Public Records page.

  • Where are vehicles taken after they are towed?

    If your vehicle has been towed in Santa Clara by a Santa Clara City Police Officer or Community Service Officer your vehicle will be at one of the following locations:

    Finish Line Towing  Lima Towing Unique Towing
    1517 Memorex Drive
    Santa Clara, Ca 95050     
    (408) 980 – 9777
    3591 Thomas Rd.
    Santa Clara, Ca 95054     
    (408) 986 – 8267
    416 Aldo Ave.
    Santa Clara, Ca 95054
    (408) 249 – 5253


  • How do I get my vehicle released?

    In order to retrieve your vehicle, you will need to first obtain a vehicle release form from the Santa Clara Police Department. When you arrive at the Santa Clara Police Department, we will determine if your vehicle is eligible for release. Once the vehicle has been authorized for release, the registered owner will be asked to provide a valid driver license. If the registered owner’s driver license is not valid, we are able to release the vehicle to a third party (friend, family, etc) if the registered owner is present. However, the registered owner must be present at the time of release. A vehicle release fee is required at the time of this transaction.

    It should be noted that your vehicle’s registration needs to be current in order for the vehicle to be released. Contact the California DMV if you have questions regarding your vehicle’s registration.

    Santa Clara DMV
    3665 Flora Vista Ave.
    Santa Clara, Ca 95051
    (800) 777–0133

    We ask that you please remember that every case is unique in its own way. We at the SCPD will try our best to help you through this process. If you have any questions please feel free to call us at (408) 615–4700.

  • How are noise violations (music, construction, etc.) enforced and regulated in Santa Clara?

    Noise disturbances are regulated in Santa Clara by the Santa Clara Municipal Code and California Penal Code. These violations can be enforced by a citation and/or arrest at the discretion of any police officer. Please refer to the following municipal codes and penal codes for exact definitions, phrasings and times:

    S.C.M.C. 9.10.040 – Noise and sound regulation in residential, commercial and industrial areas must commence and end at the following times:
    Residential – Commence at 7:00 AM and end at 10:00 PM.
    Commercial – Commence at 7:00 AM and end at 10:00 PM.
    Industrial – Anytime day or night

    S.C.M.C. 9.10.230 - No person shall engage or authorize others to engage in construction of any building or related road or walkway, pool or landscape improvement, or in construction operations related thereto, including delivery of construction materials, supplies, or improvements on or to a construction site within three hundred (300) feet of any residentially zoned property except within the hours of 7:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. following on weekdays other than holidays, Monday through Friday, inclusive; and within the hours of 9:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. following, inclusive, on any Saturday which is not a holiday. A holiday, for the purpose of this section, is each day or part thereof upon which any of the following holidays are observed pursuant to California law:

    1. January 1st.
    2. The third Monday in January (Martin Luther King, Jr., Day).
    3. The third Monday in February.
    4. The last Monday in May.
    5. July 4th.
    6. The first Monday in September.
    7. The Thursday in November appointed as Thanksgiving Day and the day immediately following.
    8. December 25th.
    No such work is permitted on such holidays. (Ord. 1549 § 1, 7-15-86; Ord. 1556 § 1, 9-16-86. Formerly § 18-32.3).
    PC 415(2) – Any person who maliciously and willfully disturbs another person by loud and unreasonable noise.

    If you have questions regarding these violations and wish to speak to a police officer, contact the SCPD front desk at (408) 615 – 4700. The SCPD front desk is open from 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM, seven days a week.

    If at any time you need a police officer to respond and address one of these violations in person, please contact our non-emergency line at (408) 615-5580. Our non-emergency is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

View Full Site