601 El Camino Real
Santa Clara, CA 95050
Connect with SCPD
Police Reserves are caring individuals who volunteer their time to fulfill many of the roles generally handled by full-time sworn police officers. Reserve Officers receive the same excellent training as full-time police officers and work alongside Santa Clara Police Department personnel in every aspect of Department operations.
The Santa Clara Police Department continuously seeks qualified individuals who meet the department’s high standards necessary to become a Santa Clara Police Department Police Reserve. If you want to get involved in civic participation through law enforcement, consider a second career as a Police Reserve.
- At least 21 years of age at the time of application;
- Have a high school diploma or GED equivalent;
- In good physical and mental health with no disabling physical condition, per P.O.S.T. guidelines;
- Eyesight: Minimum 20/80 uncorrected, correctable to 20/30 in both eyes
- Possess a valid California Class C driver’s license;
- Must not have a history of criminal or improper personal conduct that may affect suitability for police work;
- United States Citizenship required, or have applied for Citizenship at least one year prior to Police Reserve application;
- Applicants must have graduated with a Level III P.O.S.T. Reserve Officer Module from a P.O.S.T. approved academy;
- Ability to volunteer irregular hours, including nights, weekends and holidays; and,
- It is desired that individuals reside within a reasonable distance from the Police Department and have an occupation that will not interfere with the duties of a Reserve Police Officer.
Standard duty police equipment and uniforms are provided.
Police Reserves are required to work a minimum of ten (10) hours every month and attend a mandatory monthly Reserve Officer meeting. Reserve Officers are called upon to work irregular hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
Become a Police Reserve
Contact the Santa Clara Police Department’s Professional Standards Unit at email@example.com