FOR IMMEDIATE POSTING
June 28, 2019
TEMPORARY CLOSURE OF FIRE STATION EIGHT
Official Press Release
• As of the above date Fire Station 8 located at 2400 Agnew Rd. will be closed for renovation, retrofit and necessary improvements for approximately 8-9 months.
• Fire Station 8 currently houses Engine 98 with 3 crew members. During construction, Engine 98 will respond from Fire Station 6 located at 888 Agnew Rd. 1.3 miles away.
• Fire Department staff completed a response time analysis and concluded that they will be able to maintain their response time goals of less than 6 minutes for apparatus and less than 8 minutes for paramedics to arrive on scene, for all residential and commercial uses in the Northside of Santa Clara.
• As with all Fire Department related emergencies, the resources of the Santa Clara Fire Department are dispatched to incident locations utilizing GPS and the closest available unit for the incident type is tasked to respond.
• Fire Station 8 upgrade plans include a new dormitory wing, all-gender bathrooms, workshop, and turnout storage room. The existing station will also receive necessary improvements for code compliance. The Related company will be funding the entire cost of this renovation estimated to be $ 2.2 million.
• The move out from Fire Station 8 is in progress. Related is scheduled to begin its work on Fire Station 8 on Monday, July 8th. The renovations are scheduled to be completed in early Spring 2020 at which time Engine 98 will return to Fire Station 8. While this renovation project is necessary for Related to begin its development, the upgrade of Fire Station 8 will provide the City with a long-term improvement to essential facilities, without an investment of any City funds.
• PLEASE CALL 911 TO REPORT EMERGENCIES. PLEASE CALL (408) 615-5580 TO REPORT NON-EMERGENCY INCIDENTS AND (408) 615-4953 OR (408) 784-6228 FOR INFORMATION ON THIS PROJECT or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rendering of renovated Fire Station 8