Outdoor Amplification of Music Permit

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Do you need this permit?

Amplified outdoor sound of live or recorded music or other sounds - by more than normal household portable stereo equipment -- requires a permit from the City of Santa Clara. Permits are for single/one time events only. 

Permit request forms must be submitted along with payment of the Amplified Music Permit fee at least two weeks prior to the event. Use of amplified outdoor sound outside the hours of 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. requires City Council approval.

Amplified sound permit request forms can be obtained and submitted at the Municipal Services/Business Tax Division window of the Finance Department in City Hall, 1500 Warburton Ave. Amplified sound permit request forms for Central Park may be obtained and submitted at the Community Recreation Center, 969 Kiely Blvd.

The requirement is designed to help minimize neighborhood noise and make residents conscious of the need to be sensitive to those around them. Even with a permit, complaints from neighbors about the amplification can result in a police visit and the plug being pulled.

All permit request applications for residential addresses are checked with the Police Department Records Division to determine whether there have been disturbances at that location in the past year. Previous violations can be a reason for denial of the amplified sound permit.

For information call (408) 615-2310.


Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer
View Full Site